The Executive Committee is delighted to announce the award of Kercher scholarships to support the attendance of postgraduate students at this year’s ANZLHS conference. Congratulations to the following researchers, all of whom will be presenting a paper in Sydney:
- Elizabeth Bowyer, Victoria University of Wellington
- Tonia Chalk, Griffith University/University of Southern Queensland
- Inma Conde, Macquarie University
- Averyl Gaylor, La Trobe University
- Caroline Ingram, University of Western Australia
A gift from South Auckland law firm Kayes Fletcher Walker has enabled the award of an additional scholarship this year. A scholarship supported by the firm has been awarded to Tonia Chalk, a Budjari scholar, whose doctoral research investigates the context of Queensland coronial inquiries into the deaths of Aboriginal women in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.